Pastor Heard has called our church family to a time of intense prayer and fasting for 30 days as we seek God for miracles of healing, our families, financial breakthrough, and revival.
· Week One: January 8 - 14: Pray for miracles of healing
· Week Two: January 15 - 21: Pray for our families, our marriages, children and other relationships
· Week Three: January 22 - 28: Pray for financial breakthroughs in our jobs and businesses; raises and promotions; debts to be canceled
· Week Four: January 29 - February 4: Pray for revival and unity in our nation; pray for revival around the world; our missionaries; for God’s Kingdom to come on earth
· Conclusion of Fast: February 5 – 7: Thank God for hearing and granting our petitions.
1. 2 Chronicles 5:13-14 (NKJV) – “It came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the Lord, saying: “For He is good, For His mercy endures forever,” that the house, the house of the Lord, was filled with a cloud,  so that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.”
***Prayer: Today Father, I praise You as I join the symphony of worshippers here at C.T. and around the world. You are such an incredibly GOOD God! I thank You for what You are doing in my life today! I thank You for my family and Your blessings upon them and all my spiritual brothers and sisters. Today, we receive every good gift that comes from You.
But Father, more than anything else, we want You! We are Your temple. Come and dwell within us and let Your glory fill these houses that belong to You. Fill us so full, the world will immediately see You in us. We love You, Lord, more than anything else in this world. We adore and magnify You!
2. Psalm 23:1-3 (NKJV) – “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.  He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.”
***Prayer: Dear Father, You are my Shepherd! I am amazed that You love me so much, You would watch over me with such care and tenderness! I thank You for all You have done in my life and for every blessing and challenge You have safely brought me through. I cannot make it without You, because You are my strength.
You have never led me in places where I could be harmed or fail to thrive. You have always led me to green pastures beside still waters. You give me peace instead of stress while restoring me to the person You intended me to be when You created me. You are transforming me into a mighty child of God. Today I receive Your direction for my life and claim that every step I take will be the one You wanted me to take. You have made me to be the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, and I thank You!
3. Psalm 91:1-2 (NKJV) – “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”
***Prayer: I thank You today, Mighty God, for allowing me to approach You and to bow down and worship You. I live today because of You! I want to live so completely in Your Presence, I can abide under the shadow of Your wings. Let Your shadow fall across me and cover me.
Today, Lord, I trust in You, my refuge and my fortress! I thank You for confusing the enemy and for keeping me and my family safe from his strategies and attacks against us. You, my God, are leading me, and I worship You!
Fasting is the act of eating sparingly or abstaining from certain foods. It can also mean abstaining from all food and drinking only water.
Fasting can break the hold that our human weaknesses have over us and help our spirit man to become stronger. It can also assist in developing a greater ability to hear from God. Many breakthroughs have occurred when God’s people have fasted and prayed.
At C.T. we have experienced some of our greatest miracles by fasting and praying as a church family. Fasting can confuse the enemy and stop him in his tracks! Jesus even declared that some demonic spirits will not be conquered UNTIL we pray and fast (Matthew 17:21).
When Jesus fasted in the wilderness for 40 days, He ate nothing at all. In Daniel 10:2-3, the Bible tells us that Daniel fasted and prayed for 21 days as he sought God. During this time he ate no “pleasant bread” or meat and drank no wine. However, he did not stop eating. The demands of his position in the Persian government required that he be able to perform his duties effectively and with competence.
This teaches us that fasting can be done in several ways. You can choose not to eat at all for a short period of time or simply skip a meal each day. Some may choose to miss one meal a day for the entire 30 days. Or you could skip all meals for one or two days a week.
Some may have a physical condition that prevents them from fasting. Or certain medications may require that you eat. The good news is there is more than one way to fast.
Since the purpose of fasting is to deny the flesh from being master over us, in addition to missing meals, some choose to eliminate TV or something they really enjoy. You could choose to severely reduce the amount of time you spend on social media. Since I’ve always loved sweets, one of my most effective fasts was to fast sweets for 30 days. It changed my life!
Let’s expect God to do incredible things as we draw near to Him during this 30 day season of prayer and fasting as a church family. This is our year to be FULL!
Blessings and favor in abundance,
(Pregnant women or those under a physician's care should first seek medical approval before fasting).